Thursday, February 20, 2014

Kent R. Wallis is currently a member of the prestigious Society of American Impressionists, as well as the Society of Plein Air Painters of America. Being captivated and then following the great painters of the 19th century, he painted the surrounding countryside near his rural home. While I more or less try to convey a message or an internal struggle of myself through my art works, the pure and quite scenes he depicts in his painting brings me comfort and delight in viewing. To me what is interesting about him is that he was a professional in the business world who had never picked up a paintbrush twenty years ago. According to his retrospects, it were some other people’s works that inspired him to start his art career. He proved me that art is a latent talent that lies inside everyone, but only a few uncover this hidden ability of creating art. I am really grateful that I have this environment and condition which allows me to paint, to sculpture, to draw, and to create art.

No comments:

Post a Comment