Sunday, April 13, 2014

Senior Spring?

"Finally", I thought after I came back to Tabor from Spring break. I was a week late due to my family's immigration process. My parents believe it is for my good. Well, i don't know. It feels like quite a lot responsibility. I will need to pay taxes no matter where I am on earth, doing anything that has some business to do with America that it is going to tax on every penny I make. The reason I thought "Finally" was that I was looking forward to come back to Tabor since I am finally in college and think that I will not need to work anymore; I no longer need to do homework, to listen in class, and to worry about anything. But the fact is that nothing has changed. Even though each class individually does not contribute that much to my academic load, it is a different story when seven of them add together. I start to live as if anything can possibly hurt my possession. Sometimes I wonder, "maybe it is because i am not good enough for MIT. That's why i am feeling so unsettled." But MIT only takes about ten Chinese kids each year out of, i don't know, five hundred. I have to have something that shines to them, and I hope I know what that thing is.

No comments:

Post a Comment